DoctorIn.com does not provide any medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If there is an urgent medical emergency, please contact your doctor immediately, call 911, or go the nearest emergency room / hospital.
Information We May Collect
We may collect "Personal Information" about you such as your name, address, telephone number, email address or health information in the following ways:
- When you register for or update an existing profile on our web sites or Apps;
- When you use certain interactive tools and services;
- When you sign-up for newsletters or other communications from DoctorIn;
- When you participate in an online survey;
- When you provide personal information in a community area or other public forum.
We may collect "Non-Personal Information" information that cannot be used to identify you via Cookies, Web Beacons, DoctorInmobile device applications and from external sources, even if you have not registered with or provided any Personal Information to DoctorIn.
What Choices Do I Have?
How Information Is Used
We may use information we collect about you to:
- Administer and monitor your account;
- Provide you with access to particular tools and services;
- Respond to your inquiries and send you administrative communications;
- Obtain your feedback on our sites and our offerings;
- Statistically analyze user behavior and activity;
- Provide you with more relevant content and advertisements;
- Conduct research and measurement activities; or
- Send you personalized emails or secure electronic messages pertaining to your health interests, including news, announcements, reminders and opportunities.
We may combine Personal and Non-Personal Information collected by DoctorIn about you, and may combine this information with information from external sources. Third parties may also use Non-Personal Information in order to display advertising that reflects the interests and preferences of our user community.
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
DoctorIn will not disclose any Personal Information about you unless specifically agreed to you by you or:
- To comply with legal requirements, such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order;
- To our vendors and suppliers in the course of their provision of products or services to DoctorIn;
- In the event of a corporate change in control resulting from, for example, a merger, a sale of assets, or bankruptcy; or
- In special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to you or others.
DoctorIn does not make your Personal Information available to third parties for their marketing purposes.
Newsletters & Emails to You
Newsletters and emails may be sent to you on health topics, or other topics or issues. You can unsubscribe from a newsletter by:
- Following the directions included at the bottom of the newsletter.
From time to time, DoctorIn may conduct online research surveys through email invitations, pop-up surveys and online focus groups. When participating in a survey, we may ask you to enter Personal Information. The Personal Information you submit in a survey may be used by DoctorIn for research and measurement purposes, as described below, including to measure the effectiveness of content, advertising or programs. When our market research surveys collect Personal Information we will not knowingly accept participants who are under the age of 13.
Emails You Send to DoctorIn
Even if you do not register with or provide any Personal Information to DoctorIn, we collect Non-Personal Information about your use of the DoctorIn Web Sites. "Non-Personal Information" means information that we cannot use to identify or contact you. We may also acquire Non-Personal Information about our users from external sources While you may use some of the functionality of DoctorIn without registration, many of the specific tools and services on the DoctorIn Web Sites require that you register with DoctorIn.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Mobile Device Applications ("Apps")
DoctorIn´s Sites (including our mobile sites such as m.DoctorIn.com) and DoctorIn´s Apps ask for your consent (via an opt-in) before using information from pin-pointing technology like GPS or cell tower information. You can withdraw your consent (opt-out) for the use of "location" by DoctorIn at any time by changing your location services in the "Settings" function on your mobile device. We use location services on our web sites and Apps to provide you content based upon your location, local search results, and local offers.
Non-Personal Information Collected by Third Parties Not Acting on DoctorIn´s Behalf
Updating/Removing Your Personal Information
If you have registered and desire to delete any of your Personal Information you have provided to us from our systems please contact us. Upon your request, we will delete your Personal Information from our active databases and where feasible from our back-up media. You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to the DoctorIn Web Sites from our servers.
How Collected Information May Be Used
Information collected by DoctorIn about you is used by DoctorIn to:
- administer your account,
- provide you with access to particular tools and services,
- respond to your inquiries you send to us and to send you administrative communications about the DoctorIn Web Sites or services,
- obtain your feedback about the DoctorIn Web Sites or our offerings,
- statistically analyze user behavior and activity including how frequently areas of the site are visited and how many emails are received and opened,
- provide you with more relevant content or advertising both on the DoctorIn Web Sites or on other web sites that you visit after you leave the DoctorIn Web Sites; and
- conduct research and measurement activities, including those described below.
DoctorIn may combine Personal and Non-Personal Information collected by DoctorIn about you, and may combine this information with information from external sources.
Research and Measurement Activities
Information that DoctorIn collects about you may be combined by DoctorIn with other information available to DoctorIn through third parties for research and measurement purposes, including measuring the effectiveness of content, advertising or programs. This information from other sources may include age, gender, demographic, geographic, personal interests or other information. We may report aggregate information, which is not able to be identified back to an individual user of the DoctorIn Web Sites, to our current or prospective advertisers and other business partners. We do not sell or share any Personal Information with any third parties, except contractors performing services on our behalf who agree not to use this information received from us for any purpose other than performing services on our behalf.
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
Disclosures to DoctorIn Operations and Maintenance Contractor
Disclosures to Third Party Web Sites
How Do We Secure and Retain Your Information?
We take reasonable security measures to protect the security of your Personal Information. Despite DoctorIn´s efforts to protect your Personal Information, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the Internet may be intercepted. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. When you enter Personal Information (including personal health information in various tools on our website), we encrypt the transmission of that information or use SSL connections (Secure Socket Layer) technology.
We will retain your Personal Information as long as your account is active or needed to provide you services. At any time you can remove your Personal Information or instruct us to remove it, but you should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to DoctorIn from our servers. DoctorIn tools that collect and store Personal Information allow you to correct, update or review information you have submitted by going back to the specific tool, logging-in and making the desired changes. We will also retain your Personal Information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The DoctorIn Web Sites are not designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13. The DoctorIn Web Sites do not collect Personal Information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13. The parent or guardian is solely responsible for providing supervision of the minor´s use of DoctorIn. The parent or guardian assumes full responsibility for ensuring that the registration information is kept secure and that the information submitted is accurate.
Contacting DoctorInAbout Your Personal Information or Privacy
Effective Date: July 1, 2013 © 2013 DoctorIn.com. All rights reserved.